I noticed that I was mentioned in the Security Now show(epi: 457, 558). Yipee!
Download any or all Steve Gibson’s GRC Security Now podcasts via a bash script.
The script can look at the episodes already downloaded and download the next one.
You can specify the episode(s). Download 1 or a range.
Another function is to search for text within ALL the episodes and copy the episode text to another directory for further reading.
Run it with “-h” for all the other options.
The code is now on GitHub ! Feel free to help develop it or fork it.
You can submit issues within GitHub or via email to me. Comments below are not actively monitored…
Command line examples:
- Will download the latest episode and it will be the TEXT transcriptions.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eptxt -latest
- Will download the latest episode and it will be the PDF transcriptions.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eppdf -latest
- This will download the TEXT and .PDF.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eppdf -eptxt -latest
- The arguments -ahq and -alq is for downloading AUDIO .MP3 files.
- -AHQ = High Quality. -ALQ = Low Quality.
- The arguments -vhq and -vlq is for downloading VIDEO .MP4 files.
- -VHQ = High Quality. -VLQ = Low Quality.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -alq -vlq -eptxt -latest
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -vlq -eptxt -ep 10
- You can also download all video, in HD, and text- at once. At 10 downloads a time. *Not all episodes are in HD. The start of the show was not in video, let alone, HD.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -vhd -eptxt -ep 1:latest -pd 10
- Will download every single text copy of the episodes and search for your text (TNO here) and put the results in a special directory for you to open at your leisure.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -dandstxt TNO
- Will search only the text episodes already downloaded in the current directory and the cache used in the above -dandstxt option. It will not go online to search.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -stxt TNO
- Create a RSS feed file from the shows!
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -create-rss-audio
- See an example RSS feed file of audio here
Count of script executions:
13,825 total views, 1 views today