This script is a work by Webmaster Seth Leedy, but was inspired by and evolved from the scripts by Thomas@devtactix.com
I noticed that I was mentioned in the Security Now show(epi: 457, 558). Yipee!
Download any or all Steve Gibson’s GRC Security Now podcasts via a bash script.
The script can look at the episodes already downloaded and download the next one.
You can specify the episode(s). Download 1 or a range.
Another function is to search for text within ALL the episodes and copy the episode text to another directory for further reading.
Run it with “-h” for all the other options.
The code is now on GitHub ! Feel free to help develop it or fork it.
You can submit issues within GitHub or via email to me. Comments below are not actively monitored…
Command line examples:
- Will download the latest episode and it will be the TEXT transcriptions.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eptxt -latest
- Will download the latest episode and it will be the PDF transcriptions.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eppdf -latest
- This will download the TEXT and .PDF.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -eppdf -eptxt -latest
- The arguments -ahq and -alq is for downloading AUDIO .MP3 files.
- -AHQ = High Quality. -ALQ = Low Quality.
- The arguments -vhq and -vlq is for downloading VIDEO .MP4 files.
- -VHQ = High Quality. -VLQ = Low Quality.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -alq -vlq -eptxt -latest
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -vlq -eptxt -ep 10
- You can also download all video, in HD, and text- at once. At 10 downloads a time. *Not all episodes are in HD. The start of the show was not in video, let alone, HD.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -vhd -eptxt -ep 1:latest -pd 10
- Will download every single text copy of the episodes and search for your text (TNO here) and put the results in a special directory for you to open at your leisure.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -dandstxt TNO
- Will search only the text episodes already downloaded in the current directory and the cache used in the above -dandstxt option. It will not go online to search.
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -stxt TNO
- Create a RSS feed file from the shows!
- ./GRC-Downloader.sh -create-rss-audio
- See an example RSS feed file of audio here
Count of script executions:
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v0.8, Count: 2
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v0.9, Count: 11
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.0, Count: 14
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.1, Count: 1
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.2, Count: 2
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.3, Count: 138
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.4, Count: 46
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.5, Count: 116
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.6, Count: 1140
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.7, Count: 813
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.8, Count: 2181
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v1.9, Count: 32
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v2.0, Count: 151
- Agent: GRCDownloader_v$this_version, Count: 2
12,189 total views, 1 views today